Ryan Murder Case: CBSE Issues Student Safety Guidelines for Schools
Murder of a 7-year-old child in the school premises of a reputed Gurugram school and the rape of a 5-year-old girl child by a school peon in Delhi had made parents worry about their school going children.
Due to these shocking and terrible incidents, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) issued new guidelines for student safety which has to be followed by all the educational institutions all over the country.
Here follow the guidelines:
1. Institutions school take the effort to promote a good understanding between the staff and teachers to protect the security and safety of the students and take immediate action against such violations.
2. Staff members must be educated enough to ensure safety and well-being of children in schools.
3. Safety/Security audit must be done on the premises and personnel from their local police station and follow the advice related to student safety. This might be collected and reported online on the CBSE website within two months of receipt of the circular.
4. Make sure that school premises are under CCTV surveillance and also ensure that they are functional every time.
5. Non-teaching staff such as conductors, bus drivers, peon and others must get police verification and psychometric evaluation done. Not only them but for all the staff it is necessary.
6. While employing supporting staff, ensure that they are from authorized agencies and have proper records.
7. Implement a parent-teacher-students committee to address student safety needs and to take feedback from parents regularly.
8. Outsiders accessing school premises must be controlled and visitors should be monitored.
9. Staff must be provided with training and development to deal with their responsibilities to ensure student safety from any form of abuse.
10. Schools shall constitute internal complaint committee on sexual harassment, committees for redressal of public/parents/staff/students complaints and committees under POCSO Act. And information regarding these committees along with contact details shall be displayed on the school website and notice board.
11. All CBSE schools should strictly adhere to follow these guidelines as hereafter any violation on student’s safety and well-being on school premises would lead to immediate action including disaffiliation of schools.
More from my site