GK Questions For Class 7
General Knowledge is something that involves every aspect of studies. It may or may not be included in academics at times. And so, G.K. is a tool to develop one’s general awareness.
Check out some school student’s gk questions with answers for class 7.
1) World Homoeopathy Day is observed on ______
Ans- April 10
2) What is the square of 42?
3) Baku is the capital of which country?
4) Name the currency used in Japan?
5) Which lake is situated in the border of countries, Peru and Bolivia?
Ans- Lake Titicaca
6) The distance travelled by light in one year is called _______
Ans- Light Year
7) When is World Hearing Day?
Ans- March 23
8) What is the theme of World Hearing Day 2022?
Ans- To hear for life, listen with care!
9) ________________ is known as “antisterility vitamin”?
Ans- Vitamin E
10) Name a non-metal that conducts electricity?
11) Birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is observed as?
Ans- National Unity Day (Rashtriya Ekta Divas)
12) Who discovered X-Rays?
Ans- Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen
13) Name the main gases present in the Sun?
Ans- Hydrogen and Helium
14) Name the capital of Kingdom of Bahrain?
15) What is the theme of World Meteorological Day 2022?
Ans- Early Warning and Early Action
16) What is the capital of Norway?
17) Name the compound necessary for photosynthesis in leaves?
18) What are the tiny pores present in plant leaves called?
19) Who invented electricity?
Ans- Benjamin Franklin
20) Name the continent known as “Dark Continent”?
21) ______ is the hardest substance available on Earth.
22) Name the instrument used to measure atmospheric pressure
23) Who was the first woman to go to space?
Ans- Valentina Tereshkova
24) Which bird is known for its intelligence?
25) Which is the gas absorbed by plants?
Ans- Carbon Dioxide
26) What is the capital of Denmark?
27) Olympic Games of which year were cancelled due to World War I?
28) How many players are there in a Kho Kho team?
29) Who was the first President of the United States?
Ans- George Washington
30) Name the continent with the highest population density?
31) Beriberi disease is caused by the deficiency of _________
Ans- Vitamin B
32) Scientific study of birds is called _______
33) Name the organ responsible for blood purification in human body
34) What is the name of the process where excess water in plants gets released?
35) What is the main source of energy produced through photosynthesis in plants?
36) The measure of moisture in the air is known as _________
37) A decagon has _______ sides.
38) 3 raised to power 0 is ________.
39) Which is the smallest three-digit number?
40) Which is the largest three-digit number?
41) What is the cube root of 27?
42) What is another name for Northern Lights?
Ans- Aurora Boralis
43) There are a total of _____ time zones in the world.
44) What is the full form of GPS?
Ans- Global Positioning System
45) Which famous explorer discovered Cuba?
Ans- Christopher Columbus
46) Which is the hardest substance on the human body?
Ans- Tooth enamel
47) Where is the headquarters of UNESCO located?
Ans- Paris, France
48) Which planet is known as Earth’s Twin?
49) Which is the loudest animal on Earth?
Ans- Sperm whale
50) Which blood group is known as “universal donor”?
51) _____ is a flying mammal.
52) Which animal has fingerprints similar to that of humans?
53) What is the colour of polar bear’s skin?
54) Which protein is a fingernail made of?
55) Which bird can fly backward?
Ans- Humming bird
56) Who was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize?
Ans- Marie Curie (in the year 1903)
57) _____ is the warmest sea on Earth.
Ans- Read Sea
58) Which is the fastest snake in the world?
Ans- Black Mamba
59) Which is the largest organ in the human body?
60) Which is the largest lake in Japan?
61) Name the vitamin that helps to heal wounds?
Ans- Vitamin C
62) Equilateral polygons have all ______ equal.
63) Which country does famous footballer Lionel Messi belong to?
64) The atomic number of Iron (Fe) is _____.
65) What is the capital of United Arab Emirates (UAE)?
Ans- Abu Dhabi
66) Golfer Vijay Singh belongs to which country?
67) Which blood cells do not have a nucleus?
Ans- Blood platelets
68) Who authored the renowned novel “The Godfather”?
Ans- Mario Puzo
69) RAM is located in which part of the computer?
Ans- Mother board
70) Who was nicknamed the “Little Corporal”?
Ans- Napolean Bonaparte
71) The ceiling of Sistine Chapel has frescos painted by which famous painter?
72) What was the court language used by Mughals?
73) Orange Prize is related to the field of ____________.
74) When did World War II start?
75) Vienna is the capital of which country?
76) Who discovered Protons?
- What does ‘Xylem’ in plants do?
Ans: Transport water
- Which is the ‘class’ of Octopus?
- What does Big Bang Theory explain?
Ans: Origin of Universe
- Who is the author of ‘Origin of Species’?
Ans: Charles Darwin
- What kind of mosquito carries malaria?
Ans- Anopheles Mosquitoes
- Name the smallest Ocean.
Ans: Arctic Ocean
- Which day is celebrated as World Consumer Rights Day?
Ans: March 15
- What is Light year?
Ans: It is the unit of distance
- Which is the sacred book of Buddhists?
- Cataract is the disease of _.
- What is the SI unit of Force?
- Who is the author of ‘Wings of Fire’?
Ans: A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
- Who is the father of Economics?
Ans: Adam Smith
- What is the common name of Sodium Carbonate?
Ans: Washing Soda
- What is Phycology?
Ans: Study of Algae
- Which is the first Asian country to orbit Mars?
- Which country is the largest producer of Coffee?
- The terms’ Bull and Bear’ is associated with __________.
Ans: Stock Market
- Where are the HeadQuarters of UNESCO?
Ans: Paris, France
- Which are the colors of the rings of the Olympic flag?
Ans: Black, Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow
- Who invented ‘Lift’?
Ans: Elisha Graves Otis
- Which river crosses the equator twice?
Ans: Congo River
- Which is the device used to locate submerged objects under sea?
- Which of these beaches is not in Goa?