Government-aided schools of Maharashtra to go smart by opting a mobile app for schools.
School education and sports department of Government-aided schools recently introduced Upastithi, new online daily attendance app. This app was developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), Pune.
With this app, teachers can mark student’s attendance online from the next academic year. This can be accessed by the education officials.
Principal Secretary of the department, Nand Kumar said that educational officials can access the reports of every school and identify the students not having regular attendance, and can take necessary step to solve it.
• Teachers can download this on their Android phones.
• Register mobile and login number, it will be a unique login ID for the class teacher or headmaster of the school.
• Now select the standard, division and class for submitting attendance.
• An online list containing the students name will be generated.
• Tick the name of absentees, others will be considered as present.
• Click the submit button to complete it.