Inspirational teacher quotes are a must-have when it’s teacher’s day or a special occasion for your teacher. Here we have compiled a list of 45 inspirational quotes for teachers. You can add these great teacher quotes as WhatsApp status or greeting card wordings or wallpapers.
Let’s look at some of the most famous quotes on teachers.
1. “Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher that will be the biggest honour for me” P. J. Abdul Kalam
2. “A gifted teacher is not only prepared to meet the needs of today’s child, but is also prepared to foresee the hopes and dreams in every child’s future.” Robert John Meehan.
3. “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge” Albert Einstein
4. “The test of a good teacher is not how many questions he can ask his pupils that they will answer readily, but how many questions he inspires them to ask him which he finds it hard to answer” Alice Wellington Rollins
5. “Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important” Bill Gates
6. “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think” Margaret Mead
7. “The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching” Aristotle
8. “Education is not to reform students or amuse them or to make them expert technicians. It is to unsettle their minds, widen their horizons, inflame their intellects, teach them to think straight, if possible” Robert M. Hutchins.
9. “There are two kinds of teachers: the kind that fill you with so much quail shot that you can’t move, and the kind that just gives you a little prod behind and you jump to the skies” Robert Frost.
10. “If we are truly effective teachers, then we are creating autonomous, independent, and self directed learners, not just successful test takers.” Robert John Meehan.
11. “The dream begins, most of the time, with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you on to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth.” Dan Rather.
12. “The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind” Khalil Gibran
13. ” Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire – William Butler Yeats.” Ann Lieberman
14. “A great teacher who is full of excitement and love for her students can make all the difference in their lives.” Deval Patrick
15. “Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own.” Nikos Kazantzakis
16. “A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” Brad Henry.
17. ” In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn – Phil Collins.
18. “A teacher is a compass that activates the magnets of curiosity, knowledge, and wisdom in the pupils.” Ever Garrison
19. “The job of an educator is to teach students to see the vitality in themselves.” Joseph Campbell
20. “Great teachers empathize with kids, respect them, and believe that each one has something special that can be built upon.” Ann Lieberman
21. ”The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires” William A. Ward
22. “One mark of a great educator is the ability to lead students out to new places where even the educator has never been.” Thomas Groome
23. “A good teacher, like a good entertainer first must hold his audience’s attention, then he can teach his lesson.” John Henrik Clarke.
24. “Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and love of bringing the first two loves together.” Scott Hayden.
25. “A good teacher must be able to put himself in the place of those who find learning hard.” Eliphas Levi.
26. “Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.” Joyce Meyer
27. “The average teacher explains complexity; the gifted teacher reveals simplicity.” Robert Brault
28. “The true aim of everyone who aspires to be a teacher should be, not to impart his own opinions, but to kindle minds.” W. Robertson.
29. “The wise teacher knows that 55 minutes of work plus 5 minutes laughter are worth twice as much as 60 minutes of unvaried work.” Gilbert Highet.
30. “Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.” Solomon Ortiz.
31. “The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.” S. Lewis
32. “A teacher must believe in the value and interest of his subject as a doctor believes in health.” Gilbert Highet
33. “No man can be a good teacher unless he has feelings of warm affection toward his pupils and a genuine desire to impart to them what he believes to be of value.” Bertrand Russell
34. “Teachers teach because they care. Teaching young people is what they do best. It requires long hours, patience, and care.” Horace Mann
35. “That is the difference between good teachers and great teachers: good teachers make the best of a pupil’s means; great teachers foresee a pupil’s ends.” Maria Callas.
36. “In a completely rational society, the best of us would be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something else” Lee Iacocca.
37. “The teachers who get “burned out” are not the ones who are constantly learning, which can be exhilarating, but those who feel they must stay in control and ahead of the students at all times.” Frank Martin
38. “The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don’t tell you what to see.” Alexandra Trenfor
39. “A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.” Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
40. “A teacher’s job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.” Martin.
41. “What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.” Karl Menninger
42. “Every teacher is a reflection of his or her students.” Chris Walker
43. “There is no system in the world or any school in the country that is better than its teachers. Teachers are the lifeblood of the success of schools.” Ken Robinson.
44. “A mater can tell you what he expects of you. A teacher though awakens your own expectations.” Patricia Neal
45. “The greatest sign of success for a teacher is to be able to say: The children are now working as if I did not exist.” Maria Montessori
A good teacher can understand the difference between just covering up the syllabus and developing good citizens for tomorrow.
Only a few of the students are indeed really lucky to get the best teacher of their life time.
A word of encouragement from a teacher despite many failures has really touched the lives of many who have turned out to be some of the best legends in our history.
Hope you have found this list of great teacher quotes useful. We have tried to include the most useful and best quotation for teachers. If there are more inspirational quotes for teachers you would like us to include in this list, please let us know.
How To Design And Teach A Course From The Ground UpJul 9, 2019
27 Tips To Reduce Teacher BurnoutJul 1, 2019
17 Tips for Saving your “Teacher Voice”Apr 29, 2019
20 Smart Brain Games For KidsMar 22, 2019
Valentine’s Day Activities For SchoolFeb 8, 2019
Top 18 Road Safety Rules To Teach Your StudentsJan 22, 2019
10 Simple Christmas Gifts For TeachersDec 19, 2018
How To Create Effective Teaching And Learning Environment In CollegeDec 12, 2018
8 Best Timetable Apps On AndroidSep 5, 2018
Sign Up and Recieve the Latest News