Teacher App - Class Schedule & Attendance Management App
Parent App from Edsys
Best School Bus Tracking System
Cashless School - For Smart Schools of Tomorrow
Sign Up and Recieve the Latest NewsDon’t Worry, We Don’t Spam
It is very tough to select only a few GK questions for kids as it is a vast area and in fact boundless. Some of the gk questions may seem too simple for higher class students but it is always good to revise what you know before you add in more information to your knowledge base.
Get More FREE GK Apps (Check it Now)
Here we can have a look at some of the randomly picked basic GK questions for kids of all ages.
Children belonging to this age group are curious about everything in their surroundings. So engaging with General Knowledge questions will be a great help for them. Here we have included some simple GK Questions for kids to explore and expand their General Knowledge level.
1. How many days do we have in a week?
2. How many days are there in a normal year?
Answer: 365 (not a leap year)
3. How many colors are there in a rainbow?
4. Which animal is known as the ‘Ship of the Desert?’
5. How many letters are there in the English alphabet?
6. How many consonants are there in the English alphabet?
7. How many sides are there in a triangle?
8. Which month of the year has the least number of days?
9. Which are the vowels in the English alphabet series?
Answer: A, E, I, O, U
10. Which animal is called King of Jungle?
11. How many primary colors are there?
Answer: Three (red, yellow, blue)
12. How many days are there in the month of February in a leap year?
Answer: 29 days
13. What do you call a house made of ice?
14. Which is the largest animal in the world?
Answer: Blue whale
15. Which is the tallest animal on the earth?
16. Which festival is known as the festival of colors?
17. Which festival is called the festival of light?
18. What is the top color in a rainbow?
19. What type of bird lays the largest eggs?
20. Which festival is known as the ‘Festival of flowers’?
When kids reach this age group they start learning new things, observe the changes around them, and would want to find out the answers to their queries by knowing more about GK questions and much more. Apart from their classroom knowledge, they acquire general knowledge from books and the internet too. Here are some interesting GK questions for kids between 8-10.
21. In which direction does the sunrise?
22. Which is the world’s largest flower?
23. How many zeros are there in one hundred thousand?
24. How many hours are there in two days?
Answer: 48 hours (24+24)
25. How many months of the year have 31 days?
Answer: 7 (January, March, May, July, August, October and December)
26. How many weeks are there in one year?
27. Which are the colors in a rainbow?
Answer: Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red
28. How many bones does an adult human have?
29. Who was the first man to walk on the moon?
Answer: Neil Armstrong
30. How many millimeters are there in 1cm?
31. Which is the nearest star to planet earth?
32. Which is the longest river on the earth?
33. Which is the principal source of energy for earth?
34. How many lungs does the human body have?
35. What is the standard taste of the water?
Answer: Water is tasteless
36. Which is the tallest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest
37. Which is the fastest animal on the land?
38. Which continent is known as ‘Dark’ continent?
39. Which planet is known as the Red Planet?
40. Which is the most sensitive organ in our body?
41. Which is the largest ocean in the world?
Answer: Pacific Ocean
42. Which day is observed as World Environment Day?
Answer: June 5
43. How many years are there in a century?
Answer: One Hundred
44. Which is the largest country in the world?
Answer: Russia (By area)
45. Who invented the Computer?
Answer: Charles Babbage
46. How many players are there in a cricket team?
47. Which day is observed as World Literacy Day?
Answer: September 8
48. Who is the inventor of Radio?
49. Which place is known as the roof of the world?
50. How many teeth does a healthy adult have including the wisdom teeth?
51. Which gas is most abundant in the earth’s atmosphere?
52. How many people are there in the world?
Answer: Over 7 billion
53. Which is the continent with the most number of countries?
54. Which is the most common non-contagious disease in the world?
Answer: Tooth Decay
55. How many strings does a violin have?
56. How many planets are there in our solar system?
57. Which is the hottest continent on Earth?
58. Which is the smallest continent in the world?
59. How many years are there in a millennium?
60. Which country is home to the kangaroo?
61. Who painted the Mona Lisa?
Answer: Leonardo da Vinci
62. Who invented the telephone?
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell
63. What does the Internet prefix WWW stand for?
Answer: World Wide Web
64. How much of Earth’s surface is covered by ocean?
65. Who discovered Penicillin in 1928?
Answer: Alexander Fleming
66. How many stars are there in the American flag?
This is a crucial age group where kids learn a lot. Their eyes and ears are open to explore new things. Here we have sorted some of the important General Knowledge Questions for kids to shine up. These GK questions for kids can really help to open up their minds. Let’s move on
67. What do you call a type of shape that has five sides?
68. Which way is anti-clockwise, left or right?
69. How many equal sides does an isosceles triangle have?
70. Which is the coldest location in the earth?
Answer: East Antarctica
71. Who discovered electricity?
Answer: Benjamin Franklin
72. Which is the most widely spoken language in the world?
Answer: Mandarin (Chinese)
73. Which two parts of the body continue to grow for your entire life?
Answer: Nose and Ears
74. The largest ‘Democracy’ in the world?
75. Who is the inventor of Television?
Answer: John Logie Baird
76. Which is the largest plateau in the world?
Answer: Tibetan Plateau
77. Which is the instrument used to measure Blood pressure?
78. What color symbolizes peace?
79. Who is the founder of Microsoft?
Answer: Bill Gates
80. During which year did World War I begin?
81. How many Cricket world cups does India have?
82. Global warming is caused by the excess of which type of gas?
Answer: Carbon dioxide
83. How many cards are there in a complete pack of cards?
84. What is the name of the biggest rain forest in the world?
Answer: The Amazon
85. Which African nation is famous for chocolate?
86. What makes up (approx.) 80% of our brain’s volume?
87. Which instrument is used for measuring wind speed?
88. ‘Stars and Stripes’ is the nickname of the flag of which country?
Answer: United States of America
89. Which language is used by the computer to process data?
Answer: Binary language
90. What covers approximately 71% of the Earth’s surface: Land or water?
91. Which is the hardest substance available on earth?
92. Which is the biggest desert in the world?
Answer: Sahara desert
93. Which country gifted The Statue of Liberty to the United States?
94. What is the name of the Greek God of music?
95. What does the “SIM” in the SIM card stand for?
Answer: Subscriber Identity Module
96. Which is the first element on the periodic table of elements?
97. Which is the longest written Constitution in the world?
98. What is the largest joint in the human body?
99. Which is the smallest bone in the human body?
Answer: Stapes (Ear bone)
100. Which instrument is used to measure Atmospheric Pressure?
101. Which is the largest continent in the world?
102. Who is the inventor of the electric Bulb?
Answer: Thomas Alva Edison
103. On whose memory Nobel Prize is awarded?
Answer: Alfred Nobel
104. Who is the first woman to go to space?
Answer: Valentina Tereshkova
105. What is HCl?
Answer: Hydrochloric acid
106. What is currency of China?
Almost every kid is doubtful about what is right and what is wrong. Most often they get confused with the correctness of facts. This paves the way for the importance of True or False GK Quiz Questions. So, let’s check out some True or False GK Questions with answers for kids.
Answer the following gk quiz questions with a True or False.
107. Chameleons have extremely long tongues, sometimes as long as their bodies.
108. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain. True or False?
109. A sneeze is faster than the blink of an eye.
110. Pigs can look up into the sky.
Answers: False (They cannot)
111. There are 9 planets in our Solar System.
Answers: False (Our Solar system has only 8 planets; Pluto is a dwarf planet)
112. Mark Zuckerburg is the father of modern computers.
Answer: False (Charles Babbage is the father of modern computers)
113. The egg of a Hummingbird is the smallest egg in the world.
114. Frogs have to drink lots of water.
115. Some animals can get sunburn.
Answers: True (Animals like dogs, cats and cows can get sunburns at the tip of their noses and ears).
116. William Shakespeare is a scientist.
Answers: False (He is a dramatist)
117. Whales have belly buttons.
118. Sharks are color blind.
119. Mumbai is the capital of India.
Answers: False (Delhi is the capital of India)
120. Camels store water in their humps.
121. Humans have four hearts.
Answer: False (Humans have one heart with four chambers)
122. All tigers have yellow eyes.
123. A pediatrician is a child specialist.
124. Arachnophobia is the fear of dogs.
Answers: False (It is the fear of spiders)
125. Dodo is an endangered bird.
Answers: False (Dodo is an extinct bird)
126. Bhagat Singh is a Freedom fighter of India.
127. Washington DC is the capital of China.
Answers: False (Beijing is the capital of China)
128. June 5 is celebrated as Environment Day.
129. Laika, the dog is the first animal to go to space.
130. Roman Calendar is named as Julian Calendar.
131. There are 12 players in a cricket team.
Answers: False (There are 11 players in a cricket team)
Just like the elders, kids are also keen to know about new things, phenomenon, animals, sports, eatables and much more. It is also good to grow with some general knowledge. So, here is a set of very interesting and easy GK Quiz game questions and answers for kids of all ages.
132. Ball, Bat, Stump, Hockey stick
Ans: Hockey stick
133. Hen, Dove, Pigeon, Cat
134. Hammer, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Cobbler
135. Jeep, Car, Bike, Boat
136. Doctor, Surgeon, Nurse, Teacher
137. Mother, Father, Brother, Friend
138. Earth, Mercury, Jupiter, Pluto
139. Cabbage, Potato, Capsicum, Tomato
140. Pen, Pencil, Eraser, Ink Pen
141. Aeroplane, Helicopter, Ship, Jet
142. Carrot, Mango, Banana, Apple
143. Cow, Lion, Dog, Cat
145. P.J. Abdul Kalaam, C.V. Raman, Issac Newton, William Shakespeare
Ans: William Shakespeare
146. Dispur, Pune, Patna, Shimla
147. 1 , 2, 4, 5
148. Asia, Europe, China, Australia
149. Radio, Television, Loudspeaker, Stereo
150. Respiration, Digestion, Excretion, Photosynthesis
151. Hydrogen, Hypochlorite, Helium, Lithium
152. Noun, Pronoun, Articles, Adverb
153. Throat, Tongue, Nose, Ears
154. Coffee Powder, Chili Powder, Tea Powder, Green Tea Powder
Ans: Chilli Powder
155. Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin D, Vitamin K
Ans: Vitamin B
156. Dinosaur, Elephant, Hippopotamus, Giraffe
Also Read: Geography Quiz For Kids (107 Questions and Answers)
Also Read: 68 Science Quiz For Kids of Classes 1 to 10
Visit our Comprehensive Researched Educational Apps Directory List
Multiple Choice Questions or MCQs are always important from the point of view of competitive exams. And also in competitive exams like SSC, Railway, and Bank, basic General Knowledge Multiple Choice Questions are of great importance. Check out some of the GK questions for kids (MCQs).
157. What is the place where books are kept called?
Ans: B. Library
158. How many digits are there in Mathematics?
Ans: D. Infinite
159. Who is the first Prime Minister of India?
a) P.J. Abdul Kalaam
b) Jawaharlal Nehru
c) Indira Gandhi
d) Narendra Modi
Ans: B. Jawaharlal Nehru
160. How many bananas will there be in a dozen banana?
161. Who is Mickey Mouse?
c) Cartoon Character
Ans: C. Cartoon Character
162. Who is the author of “God of Small Things”?
a) Gabriel Garcia Marquez
b) Aravind Adiga
c) Arundhati Roy
d) Victor Hugo
Ans: C. Arundhati Roy
163. What is the value of Pie?
Ans: A. 3.14 (22/7)
164. What is the position of Earth in our Solar system?
Ans: C. Third
165. Which is the biggest continent?
Ans: A. Asia
166. How many wonders do we have in the world?
Ans: B. Seven
167. Who found the concept of “Gravitation” for the first time?
a) Albert Einstein
b) Charles Darwin
c) Issac Newton
d) V. Raman
Ans: C. Issac Newton
168. Who is the author of “Julius Caesar”?
a) William Shakespeare
b) Geoffrey Chaucer
c) John Milton
d) Sylvia Plath
Ans: A. William Shakespeare
169. When is UN day celebrated?
a) October 21
b) June 24
c) October 24
d) June 21
Ans: C. October 24
170. What are constellations?
a) Group of planets
b) Group of galaxies
c) Group of stars
d) Group of meteors
Ans: C. Group of stars
171. Which planet is known as “The Blue Planet”?
Ans: D. Earth
172. What is the person who compiles a dictionary called?
Ans: A. Lexicographer
173. What is the driver of a Train called?
b) Train Driver
Ans: C. Locopilot
174. What is the full form of RBI?
a) Reputed Bank of India
b) Reserve Bank of India
c) Recovery Bank of India
d) Reduced Bank of India
Ans: B. Reserve Bank of India
175. What is the “Fear of Darkness” called?
Ans: A. Nyctophobia
176. What is the capital city of Peru?
c) Los Angeles
Ans: A. Lima
177. How many states are there in India?
Ans: B. 29
178. Who discovered Aeroplane?
a) Wright Brothers
b) Steve Waugh
c) Albert Einstein
d) Stephen Hawking
Ans: A. Wright Brothers
179. Which bird is the universal symbol of Peace?
Ans: B. Dove
180. What causes Anemia?
a) By the deficiency of Iron
b) By the deficiency of Iodine
c) By the deficiency of Vitamin D
d) By the deficiency Calcium
Ans: A. By the deficiency of Iron
181. Who is a “Chef”?
a) A person who drives a car
b) A person who cooks food
c) A person who acts
d) A person who treats patients
Ans: B. A person who cooks food
General awareness always plays a major role for a growing kid. Here are some of the revised General Knowledge Questions and Answers for kids based on Inventions, sports, the color of objects, authors, etc.
182. What is the color of the sky?
183. What is the job of a Doctor?
Ans: A Doctor treats sick people.
184. What comes after 10 and before 13?
185. Where does fish live?
Ans: In Water
186. What is sun?
Ans: Sun is a big ball of fire.
187. Who is Virat Kohli?
Ans: Indian Cricketer
188. How many noses do you have?
189. What is the color of Mango?
190. In which planet do we live?
191. What is the young one of a cat called?
192. How many years are there in a century?
193. Which is the national game of India?
194. What is the full form of TV?
195. Solve 27*0.
Ans: Zero (Any number multiplied by zero gives zero as the answer)
196. Which all animals give us milk?
Ans: Cow, goat and buffalo
197. What is the home of a lion called?
198. How many days are there in a week?
199. Where do we deposit money?
200. What is the place where animals are kept called?
201. What is COVID-19?
Ans: It is deadly disease spread across the world during 2019 and 2020.
202. What is Beri-Beri?
Ans: It is a disease caused due to the deficiency of Vitamin B
203. Where do we get coconut from?
Ans: We get coconut from coconut Tree
204. Which state in India is known as “God’s Own Country”?
205. How do plants make food?
Ans: Plants make food through the process called Photosynthesis.
206. Which place is known as the “Land of White Elephants”?
We all have good memories of playing games in school with our classmates. Moreover, it is essential to keep our body and mind fit. Let’s check out some of the General Knowledge Questions and Answers for kids about sports games.
207. How many players are there in each side of a Hockey team?
208. How many players are there in each side of a Basket Ball team?
209. Commonwealth Games are held in every _ years
Ans- 4 years
210. What is the full form of cricket tournament- IPL?
211. Ans- Indian Premier League
212. How many Grand Slam Tennis Tournaments are held every year?
213. In which sports, the term HAT-TRICK is used?
214. Number of players in one team of Kho Kho are
215. Eden Gardens cricket stadium is in –
216. Which country will host Cricket World Cup 2019 –
217. Football was introduced as a competitive game in Olympics in year –
218. Hockey is the National sports of –
Ans: India and Pakistan
219. Which is the National sport of Canada?
Ans- Lacrosse/Ice hockey
220. _ has Cricket as its National S
221. _ is the national sport of Turkey
222. In which country Commonwealth games were held in 2010?
223. Which country has hosted Commonwealth Games for the maximum number of times?
224. Caddie is related to __________
225. In which year Olympic Games were cancelled because of World War I?
226. Who was the winner of Football World Cup in 2010?
227. Where did the game of Badminton originate from?
228. When is national sports day of India celebrated?
Ans- August 22
229. When was women’s and men’s doubles introduced in Wimbledon?
230. Who among the following is known as “Flying Sikh of India”
Ans- Milkha Singh
231. Total Olympic medals won by India in 2012
232. The only driver in Indian Grand Prix 2011 is
Ans- Alice Powell
Simple General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers For Kids (Watch Video)
Teaching and learning General Knowledge is always fun.
Moreover, being a part of molding future ‘Einsteins’ with GK questions and answers is something greater.
So, encourage the curiosity to learning more about GK facts. Hopefully, this ‘Quiz questions for kids’ blog helps you to get some easy and interesting GK questions.
You should surely visit our comprehensive researched Educational app directory, where you can explore all of the educationally relevant applications now available for iOS and Android devices in one spot, saving you the trouble of seeking them in multiple places. In the Educational App Directory, all students, instructors, and parents may find the ideal app to meet their needs. All the apps listed in the education directory provide high-quality which will benefit you in many ways like knowledge enhancement, personalized learning experiences, improved interaction, accessibility to online study material, ease of communication, and most importantly, providing all the apps in one place.
GK Questions for Kids 4 to 7 yearsJul 6, 2022
90+ Math Riddles for Kids With AnswersAug 7, 2020
Top 25 Math Websites For Teachers and StudentsMar 20, 2019
Arts Can Make Students More Creative In Classroom. How?Jan 30, 2018
15 Fun Riddles Help in Solving Math ProblemsDec 26, 2017
Must-have Resources for History TeachersMar 23, 2015