Teacher App - Class Schedule & Attendance Management App
Parent App from Edsys
Best School Bus Tracking System
Cashless School - For Smart Schools of Tomorrow
Sign Up and Recieve the Latest NewsDon’t Worry, We Don’t Spam
The advancements in technology are making our classrooms smarter with scientifically designed education apps and smart school software. More than just chalk and talk lectures and daily homework lessons, teachers are taking the learning experience of their students to a new level by utilizing the present era technology tools. Rather than the heavy text books, students are now taking their gadgets to school which gives them a collaborative learning experience. Teachers are taking the role of support givers than the conventional passive teaching when students work closely with their peers to have a self learning time.
There are several classroom apps that are designed for diverse mobile platforms and here we discuss the top education apps that are made exclusively for Android.
1. Photomath: Is solving mathematical problems a nightmare for you? Now things are pretty easy and interesting with Photomath A snap of the problem gives you step wise solution of the problem. This Android app covers a number of areas such as logarithms, fractions, systems of equations, integers, algebraic expressions, decimal numbers, linear equations and trigonometry. The handwriting recognition and smart calculator features are the highlights of this application.
2. Memrise: This app is the best app winner of the year in Google Play Awards. The Memrise app helps you learn new languages and improves your reading, writing and speaking. The app provides an innovative approach to make things possible with chatbots and over 30K native speaker videos. The app trains you to talk as if you are the native speaker. The app covers training in pronunciation, vocabulary, and practical grammar of popular languages such as Spanish, Italian, French, Japanese, Chinese, German, Korean and a lot more.
3. Curiosity: This is an amazing app that makes you smarter in the new generation world by reading, writing and thinking smarter. The Curiosity app lets you learn more and more about the world with several interesting and inspiring articles and great videos. You have easy search access to about 1 million videos and 5,000+ articles on diverse topics. You can personalize the app by setting the favourite option in app and have favourite categories. And the next time you can follow the favourites to have access to the matter of your interest.
4. Google Classroom: Users with a personal Google account can get free access to this amazing app that help to organize the classrooms better. The Google Classroom app lets easy communication among students, teachers and parents, and helps them to stay organized. This affordable and secure app allows paperless assignments that save a lot of time and teachers can make the classes more productive. With everyone having an account, class discussions online can be set up instantly and sending common announcements are now a lot easier.
5. Math Tricks: The mathematical calculations are a lot easier and speedier now with Math Tricks app that gives you interesting mathematical tricks. Students who are not fond of classical methods can find maths a lot more interesting and engaging with these tricks. The app provides 15 levels for all these tricks and covers all basic topics such as addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, square and more. This free app works with timer and scores to help them learn better within the time frame and with a competitive mind set.
6. Lumosity: This is an ultimate brain training program which is loved by over 85 million people globally. The Lumosity app features about 30+ brain games that are designed to challenge your memory. You get your daily workouts with games which are meant to test and improve 5 core cognitive abilities. A group of scientists and designers are working on these games to train the brain in many different ways with carefully crafted ‘Workout Modes’.
7. Edmodo: Communication among fellow teachers, students and parents are a lot easier and better. The Edmodo app lets to organize classes in one single place and teachers can discover and share resources easily. The app features real-time direct messaging for better communication and the ‘Assignment Center’ is the place to learn about the assignments and quizzes to come. Students can access the app from their phone, tablet or computer to join or facilitate discussions with the group.
8. TalkEnglish: Students can improve the spoken English with interactive conversation. The TalkEnglish app helps you do it with practice tools that are designed to learn and improve the language. The education app covers conversation lessons that lift up your listening and speaking skills and even boost your confidence to make a flawless conversation with the native speaker. This interactive tool has lessons to help beginners as well as for those seeking to improve their business talks.
9. Kahoot!: Your daily learning and homework sessions are taken to a new interesting platform. The Kahoot! app is a game-based platform that works well in social settings as well as classrooms. The free learning app can be accessed despite time and location. Teachers use this app to give game based assignments for homework in place of pen and paper works. In addition to group setting games, the app also gives option for single-player mode quizzes.
10. ClassDojo: A classroom community can be set up with ease using this communication app. The ClassDojo app lets teachers to virtually bring parents into classrooms and let them update on their child’s activities. The app also enhances quality teaching with features such as Noise Meter and Group Maker. The class works can be made visible to parents by adding it to digital portfolios. Instant messaging option lets teachers to safely make conversation with parents. Educators from over 180 countries are currently using this app.
11. SPM Science: This is a great app for students who are preparing for Science exams. The SPM Science app helps students to have a better self study time in which the key concepts can be revised, recalled and retained. The app organizes the revision notes in the form of study cards to help them to view and access it with ease. The important points of the lesson are better made in the form of diagrams, tables, infographics, colours and graphs.
12. Snapask: Solving homework assignments are a lot easier than before. Do you spend a lot of time sitting with unresolved problems due to lack of reference or assistance. Using the Snapask app, just take a snap of your problem or text it and post it and you would get expert answers from about 38000 tutors. The step wise details or description of the answers would let you understand problem solving better. A wide range of subjects are covered that includes Maths, English, Chinese, Geography, History, Science, Economics, Business, Accounting, and Information Technology.
13. Schoology: This learning management solution can be a great addition to your Android device. The Schoology app takes classroom management to a new level. Let it be assignment submission or performing assessments, the app can be really handy. Students and teachers can join in interactive discussions and collaborate well. This app lets you have an engaging and productive academic experience despite location and time. Users just need to set up a Schoology account and a better learning world is within your reach.
14. Plickers: Teachers can poll the student group for free with this amazing app. The Plickers app lets you do it without any student device. A card can be issued for your student group with which they can give a response and teacher can scan them with their Android device. This is a better way for exit tickets, instant polls and for assessing the understanding. The student-by-student responses would be directly saved at plickers.com.
15. Flashcards Deluxe: This is a comprehensive flashcard app that makes your learning a lot easier. The Flashcards Deluxe app comes with multiple smart study modes that target the missing cards and its Text to speech (TTS) audio feature lets you study offline. The spelling tests helps you improve the vocabulary and you can categorize your cards for better learning. The app features easy navigation and assessment can be made with 3 response levels. The other highlighted options of the app include slideshow mode, Google Drive support, Dropbox and flash card back up.
Also Read : Top 10 Educational Games for Kids
16. CHEMIST: A virtual chemistry lab is within your finger tips without the need of any chemicals and related clean up. The CHEMIST app lets you test, learn and explore the world of chemistry. You can experience realistic simulation with this app, let it be mixing or heating chemicals or examining temperature. You have access to hundreds of chemicals and different apparatus to experiment totally risk free procedures. With accurate calculation of chemical data in real time, you can almost have a visual experience of a chemistry lab.
17. Remind: Simple but effective communication within classrooms are made possible with this great app. With over 23 million users worldwide, the Remind app is creating a buzz among educators and students. School or class groups can make announcements instantly with its real-time messaging feature. It is globally accepted as the app that lets the messages to be effectively translated into almost 70 languages. The app lets you send newsletters or images along with messages and checks who all have read the message in the list.
18. Seesaw: This is a digital portfolio that is student driven helping them to share their work and learning in the form of documents. The Seesaw app lets the students of all ages to do it independently in the form of links, photos, drawings, text notes, videos or PDFs. The work can be categorized in folders in terms of assessment standard or the subject area. Teachers use this app to browse their students’ work as group or in personal and sometimes flag items for future review or reference.
19. Chegg Study: This education app for Android is great for students to ace difficult homework problems or crack exams. The Chegg Study app gives round the clock solution for your problems with step by step solutions. A vast range of subjects are covered with this app including Calculus, Biology, and Accounting, to Mechanical Engineering. The huge library of solutions that are available with step wise details helps you crack any toughest assignments. The millions of expert answers can be referred to find better way of solving problems.
20. Knudge.me: This is a great app to improve your English language. The Knudge.me app lets you do it with effectively with lots of interesting ways. The app works based on scientific algorithm to make your vocabulary better and helps you have a greater understanding of phrasal verbs, English idioms, and homonyms/homophones. The app includes interesting word games such as mix and match, Echo and Fly High. The flashcards lets you to revise particular lessons during exam times.
21. Programming Hub: Learning any novel programming language is now a one step solution with this great app. The Programming Hub app lets you learn coding despite time and location. The app covers comprehensive course materials, coding examples and practice compiler that makes programming easy for even a beginner. The list of programming languages covered is too long that includes C Programming, Java, C++, HTML, R Programming and a lot more. The app can be used offline and you can share the practices with your peers.
22. ArchPlus: Modelling of fundamental 2D and 3D architectural geometries is now easy with this app. The ArchPlus app lets you have a remarkable 3D experience with real physics and shadows with 3D modelling using augmented reality (AR) mode. The app features solar study and wind analysis with appropriate parameters. You can even visualize real-time airflow and perform natural ventilation analysis. This app is really inspiring for those learning in the field of architecture to practically experience what they are studying in the courses.
23. Learn2Learn: This app is a great option to accelerate your career possibilities by getting closer to real-world learning techniques. The Learn2Learn app is referred to as a practical guide that lets you learn smarter and faster in your career and life. The problem-solving and critical thinking can be enhanced using mental models and boost your memory with brain-based techniques. The app that is designed based on evidence-based learning has features to improve your focussing ability and learn more about real life with stretch projects.
24. Fullamark: This app lets you crack competitive exams with proper training that is designed based on the particular individuals and their life style. The Fullamark app delivers high quality courses from reliable education providers with tools that give you a comprehensive learning experience that is fun, social and engaging. You can express yourself using this platform by commenting and chatting. Students can contribute novel ideas or even share inspiring pictures, links and videos.
25. EDpuzzle: Video sessions in the classrooms are now more engaging and interactive with this app. The EDpuzzle app makes it easy and effective with questions and audio notes. The video lessons make the learning experience more engaging for students. The video-assignments can be received at home and students can use it to check their understanding of the subject. This 21st century learning tool lets them learn outside the classrooms. This app is presently offered in English and there are lot more languages to come.
26. Grammar Checker: This advanced educational app helps students to have an English grammar check for the given text. The Grammar Checker app lets you proof read any written content in the form of articles, essays, papers or assignments. This is designed after a thorough analysis by a group of grammar experts. You don’t need to worry about your poor grammar skills anymore as the continuous use of this app gradually improves your grammar usage. The grammar errors can be easily identified and this lets you correct it on your own when framing a similar sentence.
27. Learn 50 languages: This amazing app helps you to learn 50 different languages with ease and use it just like your native language. The Learn 50 languages app comes with 100 lessons that are designed to teach and improve your basic vocabulary in all these languages. In just a minimal time frame, you would get sufficient training to speak short sentences fluently to handle real-world situations. With about 3000 language combinations, you can easily translate languages from one to another in no time.
28. World Atlas: This app provides students with a comprehensive map that covers 260 countries and 230 capitals. The World Atlas app makes learning facts about diverse countries and their capitals and memorizing it a lot easier. The learning is made interesting by including features such as street maps and quiz mode. The app integrates vital information from Wikipedia, Google Maps, Wikitravel, and Weather into one single place to help them learn better about geography. The important sections of the app include information on Olympics, geographic, weather, travel, demographics, and flags.
30. Mindmeister: This app helps you to set up, modify and share the mind maps with your peers. The Mindmeister app has about 5 million users as it lets students to handle the graphical mind maps in a much better way than ever before. Drawing connections between ideas are a lot easy and you can browse public maps too. Map-based presentations can be played on your gadget and the free online account lets you seamlessly sync maps. You can zoom, drag & drop easily with its multi-touch support feature.
31. OneNote: This is an amazing digital note-taking app which is the favourite of many students. The OneNote app lets you hand write, type, draw, or clip any idea or thought from web source into your digital note. The assignments and feedbacks can be shared with ease and you can use it as a notepad at time of team meetings. The app syncs your notes across all gadgets to make future access a lot easy. This also lets you organize your notes despite where you are.
32. Careers360: This is a great app that helps you to make your way to higher studies better. The Careers360 app lets you crack the entrance exams for top courses and discover good institutions. It sends you updates of the upcoming entrance tests in top institutions and receive expert reviews of top colleges. The previous exam toppers would give you preparation tips and you can adapt your learning methods with the present trend. The QnA feature lets you clarify your doubts with experts.
33. Physics Calculator: The physics learning can be really enjoyable with this useful app. The Physics Calculator app helps you to solve physics problems in a smarter way. This quick solving tool provides the answers really fast to help them to cover a lot of problems in their study time. The learning can be interesting with fill-in-the-blank equations and the answers can be verified without any delay. The key physics topics covered in the app includes energy, power, kinematics, thermodynamics, gravity, motion and temperature.
34. Moment Diary: This app gives a great idea of notes making with timestamps. The Moment Diary app serves the purpose of a private diary or a record book which is time stamped. Creative students can use this app to note down their thinking or ideas conveniently in a much better way. Time stampings makes this app special as any information can be traced back to learn when it actually happened, making future references really interesting. The app also assures complete flexibility and privacy of the entered data.
35. Planboard: Lesson planning can be really easy for teachers now with this advanced app. The Planboard app lets teachers to effectively plan lessons in a calendar format. They can create lesson templates using this app to make the idea more convenient. There is also option to include videos and photos in the lesson plans or sync them. The app also lets them to access previous lessons in their plan to make any updates based on future interventions. About 200,000 teachers are utilizing this 100% free education app to minimize their lesson preparation time.
Whether students are finding it difficult to tackle their homework or they are preparing for an exam or if they have the passion to learn a new language, these education apps are making their jobs really easy. These apps are being an integral part of their study time and many of these Android tools are sure to take the best out of the students.
A boundless richness of information in the form of tutorials, videos and ebooks are now available at their fingertips. These listed apps are just a few among many smart apps for the platform and you can browse the Google play store for more.
24 Best Parental Control Apps For Android and iPhone 2020/2021Oct 27, 2020
24 Best Apps For Teachers and EducatorsOct 23, 2020
24 Useful Apps For College StudentsSep 23, 2020
24 Best Toddler Apps For Kids [iOS and Android]Sep 11, 2020
21 Best Reading Apps For Kids | Free Reading AppsSep 2, 2020
27 Best Free Educational Apps for Kids | Top Education AppsAug 28, 2020
15 Virtual Classroom Technology and AppsJul 13, 2020
24 Popular and Free Gaming Apps for StudentsApr 8, 2020
15 Best Language Learning Apps for Students in 2020Apr 3, 2020