Teacher App - Class Schedule & Attendance Management App
Parent App from Edsys
Best School Bus Tracking System
Cashless School - For Smart Schools of Tomorrow
Sign Up and Recieve the Latest NewsDon’t Worry, We Don’t Spam
Debates are always interesting and fun-filled, especially conducting debates for kids. Kids always have a plethora of questions in their mind. Why not give them a platform to express their ideas and thoughts!!!
Conduct debates and let the kids build up their imaginative and creative ideas. It helps them to develop team-building and critical skills.
Here is a list of debate topics for kids, for them to explore new areas of knowledge.
In this blog, we will cover debate topics for following Student Categories
Kids in primary schools would generally love to discuss on fun ideas. At the same time, they will have lots of questions or worries regarding their pets, school rules, their leisure time, freedom and a lot more.
The interesting debate topics for kids in this list are ideal for primary school kids in the age range of 6 to 9 years.
1. When is the best time to start a school day?
2. Kids should be at least seven years old to start their school
3. How long should leisure time/playtime be in a day?
4. Are cats better than dogs?
5. Is the idea of having pets at home harmful or helpful to kids?
6. Is it okay to eat animals?
7. Should schools make uniforms compulsory for everyone?
8. Birthday gifts can be special but not costly
9. Healthy food or tasty food: Which is best for kids?
10. Kids should only get pocket money if they complete their chores
11. Children must get longer holidays
12. Cartoon network or Storybooks: Which is better?
13. Are you afraid of ghosts or homework more?
14. is it okay to allow pets in school?
15. All students should be provided for free school meals
The kids in middle school will be ready to discuss topics on a slightly higher level which can include what happens in their school, family and immediate society.
The debate topics for middle school kids listed in this category are ideal for kids in the age range of 10 to 12 years.
16. It is high time for digital devices to replace notebooks and paper
17. All museums should be free to the public
18. Is the use of plastic good for the planet?
19. All conventional forms of energy should be replaced by solar energy.
20. Animals are kept captive in zoos. So children should stop visiting zoos. Right or wrong?
21. Every child should learn to play a musical instrument
22. Should we allow kids to play video games?
23. Corporal punishment should not be allowed in schools
24. Kids should be given the freedom to visit shopping malls with no adult care
25. Should you save your pocket money or spend it at your choice?
26. The examination system in schools must be abolished
27. Is it needed to give students homework in school?
28. Rivalry among siblings is normal. Is it true?
29. It is high time to ban human cloning
30. Tap water or Bottled water, which is better?
31. All kids should learn swimming during their school days
32. Are there any odds of aliens existing out there?
33. Is it necessary to ban mobile phones in schools?
34. Macs are better than PCs
35. Is social media usage a bad or good influence on children?
36. Is it okay to cheat in an examination?
37. It must be made compulsory for all homes to adopt a pet
38. Should the case of bullying in schools be reported to teachers straight away?
39. It should be made mandatory for every student to learn at least a foreign language in middle school
40. Schools should take the responsibility of kid’s moral education
41. Is it okay for parents to access the personal diary of children without their permission?
42. Giving is better than receiving
Once kids move to high school, their thoughts can have a broader view of the changes to be made in society and the areas that might affect them once they move out of school.
They would also love to talk on proposing changes to the school system that would have made an impact in the way they grow up.
Here we are listing debate topics for high school kids that would be ideal for kids in the age range of 13 to 15 years.
43. Kids under 14 years of age should not be allowed to use Facebook
44. Better grades in school guarantee a brilliant future
45. Classroom studies vs self-studies: Which is a better way to learn?
46. Sports training have to be made compulsory for every student
47. Should kids be regarded by their parents’ property or not?
48. Democracy is always the finest type of government
49. Who is responsible to tackle global warming: Government or People?
50. Is it okay to have junk food in the cafeteria inside the school campus?
51. The access to the internet should be banned inside the school campus
52. Kids should be permitted to skip grades if they wish in school time
53. Can we allow kids to go on holiday with their peers alone?
54. It is good to have schools stay opened all throughout the year
55. Happiness or Success – Which one is more important?
56. Mothers and Fathers have to share the household chores
57. Are zoos helpful to animals in any means? Will prohibiting zoos be a good idea?
58. The exam does not evaluate a kid’s learning but only measure their memory
59. Peer pressure has harmful outcomes on kids
60. Handwriting should not be criteria to grade the students
61. Vegan food is always a good choice than non-vegan food.
62. Education is the key to future success
63. Is it good for parents to scold their kids when they have bad scores in the exam
64. Will it be a good idea for siblings to study in the same school?
65. Kids can be allowed to wear stylish outfits at school.
66. It is good for students to make use of the boarding school system. Is it true?
67. Are single-sex or mixed schools good for students?
68. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder
69. Children should learn at least a sport during their school days
70. We should set up a system that fines citizens who do not cast their vote
71. Animals should no longer be used for medical testing
72. Should the competition be made an integral part of the education course?
73. Pocket money is not going to do any good but spoils kids
74. Is it okay to punish parents for their kids’ mistakes?
75. It is not a good idea to play competitive sports in schools
Once they reach the higher secondary school, they would be eagerly looking forward to their college phase, their career and the family life after. They would be more eager to talk about gender equality, relationships as well as on some controversial areas on a global outlook.
The debate topics in the list are ideal for higher secondary school kids in the age range of 16 to 17 years who will be soon moving to their adulthood.
76. It is a good idea to abolish the death penalty
77. Nuclear power is not at all helpful to the world
78. It should be made compulsory for students to have an after-school job
79. Women should be given freedom for their reproductive rights
80. Boys and girls should be allowed to play sports together on the same teams
81. Android technology is better than iOS
82. Do you think privacy for kids is a privilege or right?
83. The right to vote or express their decision must be given to kids also
84. Parents can be given the freedom to decide their kid’s gender.
85. Is crash dieting unsafe or safe?
86. Too much money is being paid to sports stars
87. Borders across the globe must be erased
88. Public school vs Private school: Good and Bad
89. Women or Men: Who is a better boss?
90. Should there be a permissible age for tattoos and piercings?
91. What is feminism: Is it equity or equality?
92. Can exes still be best friends?
93. There is no need for a religion to live in this world
94. Is there a concept of life after death?
95. Is it okay for same-sex marriage to be legalized across the globe?
96. Science fiction is undoubtedly the best form of fiction
97. Software piracy: Is it a crime or not?
98. Should sex education be made compulsory in schools?
99. What is the right age for men or women to get married?
100. Will computers replace teachers in the future?
101. Should we increase the minimum age to start drinking?
Kids who take part in debates at least once in a while can overcome their fears of public speaking and improve their communication skills. Moreover, they can develop outstanding oral and written communication skills and enhance their critical thinking skills.
Teachers can take the role of advisors in the case of small kids to help them learn about the basic ethics one should follow while taking part in debates.
It tests your reasoning skills and confidence. Debates are in fact a good platform for kids to understand more about how to express their views and opinions while respecting the ideas and views of others. This skill is sure to help them both in academic as well as personal life.
21 Summer Vacation Activities for StudentsApr 27, 2020
14 Best Tips for your Morning Routine for SchoolMar 2, 2020
21 Best Browser Games for KidsJan 11, 2020
20 Innovative Early Year Math Activities For KidsSep 12, 2019
15 Fun Games to Play at the Park with Your KidsAug 16, 2019
17 Best Confidence Building Activities and Games For YoungstersJul 30, 2019
12 Interesting Independence Day Celebrations and Activities for SchoolsJul 24, 2019
27 Best Educational Toys For ToddlersJun 25, 2019
24 Very Short Moral Stories For KidsMar 4, 2019