Geography is an interesting subject that covers a lot of areas including world Atlas, planet Earth, the study of the lands, features, inhabitants, nature, environment, climatology & meteorology and a lot more. Picking a few Geography Quiz Questions with regard to the subject can be quite challenging as geography is too vast.
Here we have listed some of the simple geography quiz questions and answers for kids that cover important areas like country capitals, oceans, continents, cities, river, and seas.
This is a good platform for kids to have an idea about the important geography areas and they can refer to related questions also to strengthen their knowledge base.
Have a look at 107 Simple Geography Quiz Questions and Answers for Kids
1. Which is the largest country in the world?
2. Which country has the largest population in the world?
3. What are the names of the five oceans?
Answer: Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Arctic and Southern
4. Which is the most populous city in United Kingdom which is also its capital city?
5. Which river forms part of the boundary between Mexico and the United States?
Answer: Rio Grande
6. Which country is also known as the Netherlands?
7. How many states of India share its border with Bhutan?
Answer: 4 (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, West Bengal & Sikkim)
8. Which English city did poet Matthew Arnold describe as ‘the city of dreaming spires’?
9. What is the capital city of India?
Answer: New Delhi
10. In which country would you find the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
11. Which are the 7 continents in the world from largest in area to smallest?
Answer: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia
12. Which planet is nearest to the Earth?
13. Which is colder: The North Pole or the South Pole?
Answer: The South Pole
14. What is the name of the biggest ocean on Earth?
Answer: The Pacific Ocean
15. Which is the country with the most number of capital cities?
Answer: South Africa (3, Cape Town, Pretoria, Bloemfontein)
16. In which American city is the Golden Gate Bridge located?
Answer: San Francisco
17. The United States consists of how many states?
18. Which is the largest waterfall in the world?
Answer: Victoria Falls
19. Which is the biggest desert in the world?
Answer: Sahara Desert
20. Which is the hottest continent on Earth?
21. Which is the highest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest
22. Which is the coldest place on Earth?
23. In which part of the river does the water flows the fastest?
Answer: Upper course
24. What is the capital city of Spain?
25. Which continent is known as Dark Continent?
26. In which country would you find Mount Kilimanjaro?
27. Which is the largest lake in the world?
Answer: Caspian Sea
28. What are horizontal and vertical imaginary lines around the earth called?
Answer: Latitudes and Longitudes
29. Ceylon is the former name of which country?
Answer: Sri Lanka
30. Which is the world’s biggest port?
Answer: Port of Shanghai
31. Which country is the leading egg producer in the world?
32. What is the capital city of Canada?
33. Which is the largest US state in terms of population?
34. What is the official language of Brazil?
35. Which is the only country with a coastline on both the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf?
Answer: Saudi Arabia
Recommended For You: General Knowledge For Kids(105 Questions and Answers)
36. What is the capital of Thailand?
37. Which is the smallest country in Asia by population?
Answer: The Maldives
38. At which height does a hill become a mountain?
Answer: 600 m
39. What do you call smaller rivers that flow into another river?
Answer: Tributaries (It doesn’t flow into the sea)
40. Which continent is Britain part of?
Answer: Europe (lies to the Northwest of mainland Europe)
41. Which climate can reach 40o Celsius during the day and 0o Celsius at night?
Answer: Arid or Deserts
42. Which two continents does Russia belong to?
Answer: Europe and Asia
43. What are the key factors that determine the climate of an area?
Answer: Latitude, Altitude, and Rainfall
44. Which country was once known as Rhodesia?
45. What do you call a chain of mountains?
Answer: A range
46. What is the currency used in Britain?
Answer: Pound sterling
47. Which is the smallest country in the world?
Answer: Vatican City
48. Which country is called the Land of Rising Sun?
49. Which European country shares its border with the most neighbors?
Answer: Germany (9)
50. What is the official currency of Vietnam?
Answer: Vietnamese Dong
51. What is the capital city of China?
52. What is the official language of Australia?
Answer: English language
53. Which is the country with least population?
Answer: vatican City
54. In which country do you find the Yellow River, also known as Huang He?
55. Which city is also known as ‘The Eternal City’?
56. Which South American country has land borders with ten other countries?
57. How many countries are there in the world today?
Answer: 195 countries (Member states of the United Nations-193, Non-member observer states-2)
58. Which device measures the speed of wind?
59. Which ocean lies between Europe and America?
Answer: Atlantic Ocean
60. Which country is the second biggest in the world?
61. What is the currency used in Japan?
Answer: Japanese Yen
62. Which is the longest river in the world?
63. Which European country has a capital city called Bucharest?
64. Which is the largest volcano in the world?
Answer: The Mount Lao
65. Where is the biggest railway station in the world?
Answer: New York City (Grand Central Terminal)
66. Which is the only country through which both the equator and the Tropic of Capricorn pass?
67. How many countries border Germany?
Answer: Nine (Denmark, Poland, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Austria, France, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands)
68. In which continent is the world’s longest river, the Nile?
69. Which European country is closest to the continent of Africa?
70. What is the capital city of Germany?
71. Which is the tallest building in the world?
Answer: Burj Khalifa in Dubai since 2008, 828-metre (2,717 ft)
72. Mount Everest lies in which mountain range?
Answer: The Himalayas
73. Which is the country with the most number of islands?
Answer: Sweden (221,800 islands)
74. Which is the biggest country in Africa continent?
75. Which is the second most populated country in the world?
76. What is the national currency of Malaysia?
Answer: Malaysian Ringgit
77. Addis Ababa is the capital city of which African country?
78. What is the currency used in Singapore?
Answer: Singapore Dollar
79. Seven African countries begin with the letter M, Can you find and name all seven countries?
Answer: Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique
80. Which ocean lies between Africa and Australia and south of Asia?
Answer: Indian Ocean
81. Which country is the second largest in the world in terms of surface area?
82. In which country is the holy cities of Mecca and Medina located?
Answer: Saudi Arabia
83. Which is the country with the most number of borders?
Answer: China (14 countries- India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Russia, North Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Bhutan and Nepal)
84. Where is the world’s longest sea crossing?
Answer: Hong Kong to Macau, China (55km)
85. Which is the world’s longest country from north to south?
Answer: Chile (2,647 miles long, spreads through 38 degrees of latitude)
86. Which are the countries that share open borders?
Answer: New Zealand and Australia
87. In which country does the River Nile meet the sea?
88. Which is the longest river in Asia?
Answer: River Yangtze
89. What is the capital city of Malaysia?
Answer: Kuala Lumpur
90. Which are the only two countries to have a land border with the US?
Answer: Canada and Mexico
91. Which major oceans surround the continent of Africa?
Answer: the Indian Ocean and the South Atlantic Ocean
92. What is Earth’s approximate water vs. land coverage ratio?
Answer: 71 to 29
93. Which is the longest river in Europe?
94. Which is the happiest place on Earth to live?
Answer: Finland (balance of beauty and generosity, as per latest findings)
95. Which day is celebrated as World Earth Day?
Answer: April 22
96. Which rainforest makes up around half of the world’s remaining rainforests?
Answer: The Amazon Rainforest
97. What do you call a study of weather?
98. Which city in United States has the nick name ‘The Big Apple’?
Answer: New York City
99. Which river rises in Peru, has no bridge crossing it and enters the sea in Brazil?
Answer: The Amazon
100. Which place receives the world’s highest annual average rainfall?
Answer: Mawsynram (Over 10,000 millimeters of rain in an average year)
101. Which country has the longest coastline in the world?
102. What is the capital city of America?
Answer: Washington, D.C.
103. Which is the longest river in Asia?
Answer: Yangtze River
104. Europe and Africa are separated by which sea?
Answer: The Mediterranean
105. Which Italian city is famous for its canals?
106. Which national capital city is the closest to the equator?
107. Which countries share the longest border in the world?
Answer: USA and Canada
These are a few among the mainly asked and discussed geography quiz questions in the field of geography.
Teachers and school authorities can have discussion forums and geography quiz competitions once in a while to help the students to stay prepared and updated in the subject.
Parents can also use their free time at home to help them take online geography quiz tests where they can test their knowledge base.
Good reading and research habits can help them to improve their base in the subject while they move up to higher classes.
10 Nobel Prize Winners from India You Should KnowJun 3, 2019
24 Must-Share Poems for Middle School and High SchoolMay 24, 2019
20 6th Grade Science Projects That Will Wow Your StudentsMay 20, 2019
27 Facts about Pollution For KidsApr 8, 2019
Top 25 Math Websites For Teachers and StudentsMar 20, 2019
68 Science Quiz For Kids of Classes 1 to 10Feb 13, 2019
General Knowledge For Kids (105 Questions and Answers)Feb 11, 2019
50 Math Riddles for Kids With AnswersAug 28, 2018
Arts Can Make Students More Creative In Classroom. How?Jan 30, 2018
Teacher App - Class Schedule & Attendance Management App
Parent App from Edsys
Best School Bus Tracking System
Cashless School - For Smart Schools of Tomorrow
Sign Up and Recieve the Latest News