35 Inspirational Quotes for Teachers Appreciation
From times immemorial, a teacher has a special place in the lives and hearts of knowledge-seekers. Revered for being a noble profession which can transform the lives of students, ancient Hindu Vedic scriptures and global literature put the teacher on a pedestal as a Godly person.
A teacher called as a “Guru” in Indian parlance always played an important role in helping his ardent students change for the better. Influencing the thoughts and actions of his students, a teacher through his creative thinking can be tagged as a lasting contributor to the progress of mankind. It goes without saying that students in whose hands the future of a society lies in, constantly demands guidance of a knowledgeable and wise person. And this person is none other than your teacher who will help you tread the path of righteousness by applying knowledge.
From Gurukul, the ancient Indian teaching tradition which demanded the stay of a student in the hermitage of his Guru for many years, to modern universities which throw light on various subjects, the importance of a teacher is illustrated in the form of famous sayings. Singing in praise of the virtues a teacher has, here is an attempt to speak about the selfless service rendered by the teacher community through a short list of “teacher appreciation” quotes.
1. "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." – William Arthur Ward
2. "I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think." – Socrates
4. "I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well."- Alexander the Great
5. "I put the relation of a fine teacher to a student just below the relation of a mother to a son."- Thomas Wolfe
6. "My teacher gave me the best gift of all: Believing in me!" – Heidi McDonald
13. The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called "truth." – Dan Rather
15. Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. – Author Unknown
16. A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart. – Author Unknown
19. He who opens a school door, closes a prison. – Victor Hugo
20. The task of the excellent teacher is to stimulate "apparently ordinary" people to unusual effort. The tough problem is not in identifying winners: it is in making winners out of ordinary people. – K. Patricia Cross
25. I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. It might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.- John Steinbeck
26. The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery. – Mark Van Doren
27. Often, when I am reading a good book, I stop and thank my teacher.- Jack Handey
31. “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.” – Haim Ginott
32. “To teach is to learn twice.” – Joseph Joubert
Entrusted with a huge responsibility of enriching the lives of mortals, teachers undoubtedly become the instruments of positive change. Immortalizing the philosophy behind education, a teacher continues to live in the heart of every student through his morals and principles, even after losing his physical form of existence.