The fascination of knowing science is an experience every kid should explore. Science combines everything from animals, plants to space and time.
From Grade I to X, kids can gradually improve their knowledge of science using the following quiz questions.
Science quiz questions for students of Grade I
1. What is a male cow called?
2. Which of the following animal species lay eggs?
3. Which animal bears a fur?
4. What do animals require besides air and food to survive?
5. A branch of a tree can have green _____.
6. What is the name of Earth’s natural satellite?
7. What do you call the two nose holes?
8. Which body part assists in movement?
9. Which start is visible during the day and sends light?
10. Which of the following organs covers and protects the whole body?
11. Feet are the part of legs and ______ are the part of arms.
12. The very first operational telephone was invented by?
a. Nikola Tesla
b. Albert Einstein
c. Alexander Graham Bell
d. Thomas Alva Edison
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell
13. Which shape looks round?
14. With dark clouds, a combination of ____ and lightning is possible.
15. A cow gives birth to a young?
16. A bird’s body part that assists in flying?
17. What do you have in your hands besides four fingers?
Science quiz questions for the students of grade II and III
18. Which plant part takes part in photosynthesis?
19. What type of animals suckle a young one?
20. Which is the largest animal on land?
21. At what temperature water starts boiling?
a. 50 degrees C
b. 25 degrees C
c. 100 degrees C
d. 75 degrees C
Answer: 100 degrees C
22 What is the sign that says a dog is happy?
a. Moving head
b. Twitching ears
c. Wagging tail
d. Closing eyes
Answer: Wagging tail
23. Which organ pumps blood in our body?
24. Is frog an amphibian or a reptile?
25. What are the standard states of matter?
Answer: Solid state, Liquid state and Gas state.
26. The concept of pushing something comes within the application of?
27. What will be the resulting state if you boil water?
28. After chewing and swallowing, food goes to which body part?
a. Large intestine
b. Small intestine
29. The animal group with scales are_____.
d. All of the above
30. Which of the following animal lives most comfortably in the desert?
31. Which of the following material provides the maximum level of transparency?
32. A young one of a frog is called_____.
33. What do you call a skeletal system part that safeguards the brain?
34. Which plant part contains the pigment called Chlorophyll?
Science quiz questions for students of grade IV to VII
35. Which nutrient is essential to build muscles?
36. What is the name of tissues that attach muscles to our bones?
a. Blood vessels
37. Which of the following scientists introduced the three laws of motion?
a. Thomas Alva Edison
b. Isaac Newton
c. Stephen Hawking
d. Albert Einstein
Answer: Isaac Newton
38. Which gas assists in the process of photosynthesis?
a. Carbon dioxide
d. Carbon monoxide
Answer: Carbon dioxide
39. Which bodily system manages our senses?
a. Digestive system
b. Circulatory system
c. Skeletal system
d. Nervous system
Answer: Nervous system
40. The layers of multiple gases surrounding Earth is collectively called_____?
c. Ozone layer
41. Same kinds of body cells come together to create a______
d. Blood vessels
42. What is the name of the largest animal on this planet?
d. Blue whale
Answer: Blue whale
43. The strongest dog sense is_____.
44. Which of the following energy types gets created due to motion?
a. Electrical energy
b. Potential energy
c. Gravitational energy
d. Kinetic energy
Answer: Kinetic energy
45. The theory of evolution was proposed by______.
a. Stephen Hawking
b. Charles Darwin
c. Alexander Fleming
d. Francesco Redi
Answer: Charles Darwin
46. Which standard unit is used to measure energy?
47. During a circular motion, an object experiences a force away from its centre towards the outside. That force is called____.
a. Circular force
b. Centripetal force
c. Elastic force
d. Centrifugal force
Answer: Centrifugal force
48. What would you call an animal, which eats plants as well as animals?
49. One coiled DNA piece is known as ____.
50. Which energy type depletes gradually?
a. Non-renewable energy
b. Kinetic energy
c. Renewable energy
d. Gravitational energy
Answer: Non-renewable energy
51. Which planet is at the closest distance from the sun?
52. Yeast belongs to which of the following types?
Science quiz questions for students of grade VIII, IX, and X
53. A cell organelle known as cell’s powerhouse is called?
a. Endoplasmic reticulum
54. Which of the three laws of motion says that every action has to have an equal and opposite reaction.
a. Second law
b. Third law
c. First law
d. No law
Answer: Third law
55. Which of the following options are closest to a lion?
56. A light ray bends through a prism of glass. This phenomenon is called _____.
57. Diabetes is a resulting disease due to problems in _____.
58. Newton is the measuring unit of energy or force?
59. Sweet potato is a modified _____.
60. Which one does NOT belong to carbon forms?
d. Amorphous carbon
61. The movements of _______ cause earthquakes.
Answer: Tectonic plates
62. Which medicine type fights only bacteria and not viruses?
63. The lightest periodic table element is _____.
64. A liquid with low pH is called ______
65. Which of the following element groups are most commonly available in our bodies?
a. Phosphorus, nitrogen, calcium
b. Sulfur, sodium, magnesium
c. Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen
d. Copper, zinc, selenium
Answer: Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen
66. What is the brightest planet in the night sky?
67. An instrument to measure temperature is?
68. Name the largest Moon of Neptune
Know More: General Knowledge For Kids(105 Q & A)
With these trivia questions, you can encourage kids to develop more interest in learning science. The subject will become convenient and enjoyable for kids. So, make sure you include these questions and organize a quiz for your students or kids.
Check the scores of every child and motivate them to improve their scores. This way, they will become proactive in terms of learning and knowing the world of science.
Difference Between CBSE, ICSE and State BoardsJun 28, 2019
Geography Quiz For Kids (107 Questions and Answers)Jun 19, 2019
17 Best Classroom Cleaning Hacks That Really WorkJun 7, 2019
10 Nobel Prize Winners from India You Should KnowJun 3, 2019
53 Back-to-School Bulletin Board Ideas from Creative TeachersMay 27, 2019
24 Must-Share Poems for Middle School and High SchoolMay 24, 2019
20 Best Education System in the WorldMay 22, 2019
20 6th Grade Science Projects That Will Wow Your StudentsMay 20, 2019
12 Creative Ideas for Tracking Classroom BehaviourMay 14, 2019
Sign Up and Recieve the Latest News