Teacher App - Class Schedule & Attendance Management App
Parent App from Edsys
Best School Bus Tracking System
Cashless School - For Smart Schools of Tomorrow
In this grade, students are expected to have basic general awareness. So this is the perfect time to introduce subjects like Civics, History, Geography, Science, etc.
The General knowledge (gk) quiz questions for class 6 also include questions on political science, Indian freedom struggle, ancient history, etc.
The students can also refer to other GK questions also to improve their knowledge.
Here let’s see some of the important General Knowledge questions and answers for grade 6.
1) Who is the fastest man in the world?
Ans- Usain Bolt
2) In which year was the Battle of Plassey fought?
3) At which age Gautham Buddha got Nirvana?
4) Who is known as the father of history?
5) What was the ancient name of Patna?
6) What is the square root of 144?
7) Who gave the slogan “Do or Die”?
Ans- Mahatma Gandhi
8) Why are the leaves green in color?
Ans- Due to the presence of Chlorophyll
9) Name the acid that is secreted in the stomach?
Ans- Hydrochloric acid
10) Which is the highest civilian award of the Republic of India?
Ans- The Bharat Ratna Award
11) WWW stands for?
Ans- World Wide Web
12) World Environment Day is celebrated on _.
Ans- June 5
13) Plants that develop in dry conditions are
14) Where is ‘Great Bear Lake’ found in the world?
15) What is the full form of Wifi?
Ans- Wireless Fidelity
16) Who is the writer of ‘Panchathantra’?
Ans- Vishnu Sharma
17) Who is the 14th President of India?
Ans- Ram Nath Govind
18) Which is the biggest bone in the human body?
19) Who was the inventor of the light bulb?
Ans- Thomas Alwa Edison
20) Opium is obtained from the dry latex from which part of the Papaver somniferum Plant?
21) Which Vitamin helps to heal the wound
Ans- Vitamin C
22) Which is the mineral found in teeth and limestones?
23) Who was at the helm of the Philadelphia Phillies in the 2011 season?
Ans- Charlie Manuel
24) Which is the largest lake in Japan?
25) What is the weight of a cricket ball?
Ans- 5.75 ounces
26) Which is the only even prime number?
27) Who invented the number zero?
28) How many degrees are there in a circle?
29) What is the shape of dice?
30) How many decimal points are there in a number?
31) How many seconds are there in an hour?
32) A triangle with all side equal is called_?
Ans- Equilateral triangle
33) Which is the first odd composite number?
34) What is a polygon with five sides called?
35) How many years is a decade?
36) A raindrop is of which geometric shape?
37) What is the approximate value of pi?
38) 90 minutes amount to ___ hours?
39) What is the value of Golden Ratio?
40) What is a triangle with all three sides of different lengths called?
Ans- Scalene triangle
41) Which polygon has opposite sides and angles equal?
42) Which number is neither prime nor composite?
43) A polygon with all four sides and angles equal is called___?
44) How many seconds are there in a day?
45) How many sides does the base of a pyramid have?
46) Fourth Buddhist council held during the reign of which emperor?
47) In which year did Mahatma Gandhi start Dandi March?
48) Who is the founder of Chola Dynasty?
49) Which was the first animal to go to space?
50) Zawar mines are located in which Indian state?
51) Which country is the first in Asia to launch a plastics pact?
52) What is the capital of Finland?
53) Ozone layer is in which layer of the atmosphere?
54) What is the capital of Morocco?
55) Which is the longest river in the world?
56) Mount Aconcagua is located in which mountain ranges?
57) Which Indian state was the first to introduce the “Oak Tussar Industry”?
58) National Research Centre on Yak (NRCY) is located in which Indian state?
Ans- Arunachal Pradesh
59) Which is the largest river on Earth?
Ans- Amazon river
60) Which is the most spoken language in the world?
Ans- Mandarin Chinese
61) Which is the highest mountain peak of India?
62) Who was the first president of the USA?
Ans- George Washington
63) How many fundamental rights are mentioned in the Indian Constitution?
64) Who is popularly known as the Napolean of India?
65) Who was known as Punjab Kesari?
Ans- Lala Lajpat Rai
66) When is World Health Day observed?
Ans- April 7
67) What was the theme of World Health Day 2022?
Ans- Our Planet, Our Health
Ans- Our Planet, Our Health
69) Which planet is known as the Morning/Evening star?
70) Which continent invests the most in solar power?
71) Who won the 2022 International Women of Courage Award?
Ans- Rizwana Hassan
72) What is the theme for World Wildlife Day 2022?
Ans- Recovering key species for ecosystem restoration
73) What is the name of ISRO’s new humanoid robot that will go to space next?
74) Which country is known as the Pearl of the Orient Seas?
75) Who is known as the father of Indian nuclear program?
Ans- Homi J Bhabha
76) Who invented radio?
Ans- Guglielmo Marconi
77) Which is the longest river in Europe?
Ans- Volga River
78) Which was the first metal used by Harappan civilization?
79) Thomas Cup is related to which sport?
80) How many players are there in an ice hockey team?
81) Ryder Cup is related to which sport?
82) Which country invented paper?
83) Who has been reappointed as the President of the World Health Organization (WHO)?
Ans- Tedros Ghebreyesus
84) Which day is observed as International Literacy Day?
Ans- September 8
85) Who was known as the Missile Man of India?
Ans- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
86) Name the marine animal known as “sea cow”?
87) Which is the protein found in nails?
88) Which instrument is used to measure blood pressure?
89) Which mineral is found in teeth?
90) Which acid is secreted in the stomach?
Ans- Hydrochloric acid
91) Who is known as the “father of vaccination”?
Ans- Edward Jenner
92) Which is the slowest moving animal on Earth?
Ans- The three-toed sloth
93) Which only metal in liquid form at room temperature?
94) Which is known as the Father of modern medicine?
95) Which scientist developed the Theory of Relativity?
Ans- Albert Einstein
96) The air we breathe is majorly composed of which gas?
97) What is the chemical name of Vitamin C?
Ans- Ascorbic acid
98) Plaster of Paris is made of ____?
99) Hematite is the ore of which metal?
100) Who discovered Penicillin?
Ans- Alexander Fleming
101) Which planet has the biggest known volcano in our solar system?
102) Who invented telephone?
Ans- Alexander Graham Bell
103) Kelvin scale is the unit of ____?
104) Which part of the brain helps body balance?
105) What is the full form of LED?
Ans- Light Emitting Diode
GK Questions For Class 4Jun 24, 2022
GK Questions For Class 5Jun 23, 2022
12 Best Edtech Companies Around the WorldMay 2, 2022
Tips to Create Digital Content for Inclusive LearningApr 7, 2022
Pros & Cons of Online vs. In Person LearningMar 1, 2022
List of Hottest and Coldest Planets in the Solar SystemOct 9, 2020
Worksheets for UKG | Maths | English | EVS | Hindi – Free DownloadSep 30, 2020
National Symbols of IndiaSep 25, 2020
25 Best Educational Podcasts You Need to Listen ToSep 9, 2020